Henry Ford once said that “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” But how true it is when you are working with your significant other? What are the pros and cons of that situation?
Isn’t it great to have your significant other as your co-worker? You see each other every day, you are inspired to work hard, and you enjoy daily lunch dates. But is it all roses and rainbows? How can working together affect your relationship?
Before you work with your boyfriend/girlfriend in the same company, you must first consider these advantages and disadvantages:
Pros and Cons of Working with Your Other Half
- Carpooling will help you save money on gas.
- You can spend more time together especially during the lunch break.
- You both learn to communicate properly inside and outside the workplace.
- You balance things out by helping one another accomplish duties.
- You inspire one another to be productive, happy, and goal-oriented.
- Too much time together can make the relationship less exciting that may result in conflict.
- Personal issues you have at home can be carried into work.
- If you’re a female, you’re more likely to be part of the office gossip.
- Jealousy can occur when he/she gets close to a co-worker of the opposite sex.
- Co-workers will feel awkward and uncomfortable with your closeness.
- You’ll be dealing with heartbreaks while still seeing each other inside the office.
How should you work together with your other half?
You can’t assure each other by keeping a “no fights, just love” rule in the office. Consider these things, and your relationship and career will grow hand-in-hand:
- Communicate properly.
- Avoid yelling at each other.
- Remember, you’re not alone.
- Work with respect and support.
Working together is as challenging as staying together. Learn to appreciate, support, and inspire your partner to make a great team.
Do you still believe working with your partner is the best idea? Read our top professional resume writing services reviews and pick the right pros that will take you where your heart is.
Photo by Nathan Walker at Unsplash.com
Age and Pregnancy Matters in Making a Career
Resume and Career Gurus and Their Different Approaches